Are you from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States and you already have license back home?
Lucky you! That means skipping the enrollment from driving lessons and multiple exams!
But before that, better double check it with RTA on 8009090 for any changes to this list.
Also, if you’re from these countries, please be informed that you will be needing additional papers before proceeding to conversion.
Canada: A letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine is required, before transferring your license.
Driving license holders from Greece, Canada, Cyprus, Poland, Turkey, Japan & South Korea will require a translation of their driving license from their respective consulates.
What are the documents required?
Passport for residents (original & copy) residence permit copy
Current driving license (original & copy)
Translation of driving license (for some countries)
Consulate letter (for Canadians)
1 passport photo, eye test certificate
AED 360 for transfer fee and opening a driving file
A no-objection letter from your sponsor
What are the steps?
1. Get an eye test, which can be don inside malls and hospitals. Mention the purpose is for the driving license.
2. When documents are complete, proceed to Dubai Traffic Department Driving Liense Section in Al Ghusais from 7:30am to 2:30pm on working days (check the center regarding Ramadan timings)
3. Fill up application form & submit documents
4. Take signed documents then proceed to cashier and pay the fee
5. Submit all documents at Data Entry Counter
6. Wait fro your name to be called
7. License is ready